Business and Professional Women Hernando County Scholarship Information
Who are we?
We are a local affiliate of BPW USA and BPW Florida. Our goal is to achieve equity for all women in the workplace through advocacy, education and information.
What are these scholarships all about?
The Hernando County BPW awards two, $1000.00 scholarships annually. One will be awarded to a female high school senior preparing for college and the other to a woman who is returning to school tocontinue her education. The committee has the discretion of awarding an additional scholarshipdepending on the number and quality of applications received. Each of the scholarships is a one-time payment of $1000.00 (one thousand dollars) to the institution ofhigher education of the chosen applicants and it is not a loan. In other words, you don’t pay this back – it is free!
How do I know if I qualify for one of these scholarships?
Here’s the simple checklist to see if you qualify:
- You must be a female.
- You must live in Hernando County.
- You must have a financial need.
- You must maintain least a 2.5 GPA.
- You must be attending a Florida college or technical school by the fall semester of 2019.
- For the high school senior scholarships, community service and extra-curricular activities are a must. For the post high school applicant we are looking for a woman who is pursuing higher education to advance their current career, or for a career change.
2019 Applications Coming Soon