Business and Professional Women, Hernando County 2020 Scholarship Information
Who are we?
We are a local affiliate of BPW USA and BPW Florida. Our goal is to achieve equity for all women in the workplace through advocacy, education and information. Please visit our website at www.bpwhernando.org.
What are these scholarships all about?
The Hernando County BPW awards two, $1000.00 scholarships annually. The Scholarships will be awarded to one female high school senior preparing for college and a woman who is returning to school to continue her education. The committee has the discretion of awarding additional scholarships depending on the number and quality of applications received. Last year BPW awarded six (6) $1000.00 scholarships.
Each of the scholarships is a one-time payment of $1000.00 (one thousand dollars) to the institution of higher education of the chosen applicants and it is not a loan. In other words, you don’t pay this back – it is free!
How do I know if I qualify for one of these scholarships?
Here’s the simple checklist to see if you qualify:
- You must be a
- You must live in Hernando
- You must demonstrate a financial need.
- You must maintain at least a 2.5
- You must be attending a Florida college or technical school by the fall semester of
- For the high school senior scholarships, community service and extra-curricular activities are a must. For the post high school applicant we are looking for a woman who is pursuing higher education to advance her current career, or for a career
- You must attend the meeting of BPW Hernando County on May 26, 2020 to receive your scholarship and be
Please fill out the application completely and return it with a postmark no later than
April 15, 2020.
If you have any questions about the BPW Scholarship requirements and application, please contact: Tracy Ramirez, Esquire, Scholarship Chairperson – (352)610-4488 or Tracy@TonerRamirez.com